Chili Love Recipe
Step 1: Chop and sauté in a large fry pan on medium low heat: 1/4 stick butter until tender/ semi-transparent: 1/2 onion and 3-5 celery stalks chopped. Place onions and celery in crock pot.
Step 2: Using the same pan; brown 1 – 1.5 pounds ground turkey with salt, pepper, chili powder and red pepper flakes. Place in crock pot with above.
Step 3: Using the same pan again; sauté 1 small package of multi-colored organic carrots, chop and place in crock pot
Step 4: Add the following to the crock pot and stir:
• 1 can Hunts regular spaghetti sauce (large can)
• 1 can diced tomatoes, pureed
• 1 large jar home-canned tomatoes, pureed
• 1 can chili beans
• 1 can Northern beans, drained
• Knorr beef stock x 4 (gel packets) (or dissolved beef bouillon)
• 3 tablespoons double roasted Trader Joe’s salsa
• Chili powder to taste
• Red pepper flakes to taste
• Himalayan Pink Salt to taste
• Fresh ground pepper to taste
And of course lots of LOVE in every step!!
Step 5: Cook in crock pot on low heat until bubbling then turn down to warm. Several hours. (ours was cooked for about 6-7 hours)
Serve with chopped sweet onions, shredded cheddar and sour cream.
Oh, and some really good beer and corn bread too of course 🙂
Corn bread recipe:
Step 1: Turn oven on to 325 – 345 degrees
Step 2: place 1/2 stick butter in a 9 x 9 glass baking dish and place in oven until butter melts (about 5-10 minutes – just until melted)
Step 3: Mix well in a medium mixing bowl
• 2 eggs
• 1 package Jiffy corn bread mix
• 1 small can or 1/2 large can cream corn
• 1/2 cup sour cream
Step 4: Gently pour mix into baking dish without stirring
Step 5: Bake about 20 minutes just until golden or the color you like your bread (just until done in the middle)
Serve with maple syrup or honey.
Enjoy with a wonderful group of family and friends. You won’t even notice the cold temperatures outside.